Our client is one of the world's leading service providers in the field of intellectual property (IP management). Customers are international companies and law firms.
In 2020, the subsidiary in Payments area received permission as a regulated payment institution from the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin). Through this GmbH, our client is the first IP service provider to pay fees for intellectual property rights in accordance with the specifications of the EU Payment Services Directive.
Since 2021, our client has been part of an international private equity company that offers global IP solutions.
In the course of succession, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and agile Managing Director (m/f/d) with a focus on finance.
- Manage day-to-day business within finance function
- Consult financial team and oversee preparation of monthly and annual financial statements under German GaaP, ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data, enhance, and implement financial and accounting tools
- Oversee & support accounting and controlling activities
- Manage cash flow planning and ensure funds availability
- Manage relation with banks
- Analyse, explain, and optimize financial performance, implement internal control procedures and mitigate risk exposure
- Ensure compliance in legal, regulatory and tax areas (relying on a professional tax firm for managing tax aspects)
- Steer and support company- or group wide projects
- Initiate and lead projects to improve margins for core services (annuities)
- Set-up escrow account for non-EUR currencies
- Further connect corporate finance function with PE finance and FP&A team
- Align workflows
- Contribute to the redesign of the financial department with clear definition of roles and responsibilities
- Leadership for a team of 25 FTEs
What You Bring With You
- Master’s degree or university studies in finance, accounting and/or business administration
- 15+ years’ professional experience in Finance either in consulting with focus on financial services and/or in a bank/with a payment provider/fintech environment, and experience in CFO positions
- BaFin fit (PSP or other Fin Services) is a must
- Outstanding knowledge of accounting principles (German GaaP), RechZahlV is a strong plus, IFRS is a plus
- Experience in multinational environment with group policy, reporting, deadlines, frequent communication
- “Hands on” ERP experience/solid IT culture in financial systems
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Fluent German and English, French is a plus
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal control systems and compliance-related issue
- PE environment is a plus