Our client is a systematic investment manager with sustainability as a key component of modern investment management theory.
The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of an international financial services group based in Munich with currently 20 employees. They leverage the group's vast resources while maintaining an agile start-up character.
They are seeking a senior sales professional to accelerate the growth and drive new business. The sales manager must demonstrate a passion for sustainable investing. Strong communication and client management skills are key. Must be able to build robust sales pipeline, acquire and commercialize client investment mandates with a focus on European institutional clients.
- Build, lead and implement the business development strategy
- Manage marketing and sales activities for the suite of sustainable investment solutions
- Build and manage sales pipeline; document and report all sales activities
- Lead client meetings, RfIs and RfPs; match client preferences with the investment products
- Negotiate investment mandates and close opportunities
- Manage after-sales client relationships; be the “go to” person and trusted partner externally and internally for client Q&A including client review meetings
- Maintain professional knowledge, keep abreast of general market updates, industry developments and competitors’ activities
What You Bring With You
- You have 5+ years of experience in a leading business development role in consulting / financial services, preferably investment management
- You have a proven business development track record for investment management solutions
- You are a passionate salesperson with strong commercial drive and attitude, negotiation skills, and a strong appetite for closing new client mandates
- Excellent client presentation and communication skills, especially for face-to-face meetings with multiple stakeholders such as client investment committees, CIOs and investment teams
- Deep understanding of the asset management industry in general, investment needs of asset owners with sustainable and climate impact investment goals in particular
- You are friendly, open & can communicate easily with clients
- You are perfectly fluent in at least English and German