Our client is a general contractor and expert for high-quality interior fittings. The Group has customers from the commercial, public and private sectors in their Retail, Commercial and Residential business fields. In the implementation process, our client draws on many years of experience and has built an international network of suppliers and is thus able to act quickly, flexibly and cost-optimized while maintaining the highest quality standards.
The Group employs around 200 people. The company belongs to a Munich-based dynamic and fast-growing private equity investment company.
To support the implementation of the realignment as well as to further professionalize the finance department, we are looking for a VP Finance (m/f/d) with knowledge in accounting, controlling and financial planning & analysis. Duty station is near Freiburg im Breisgau in the Black Forest, the required travel activity is low. Partial home office is possible. If successful, a career in the investor's environment is likely.
This is an entrepreneurial opportunity for a professional to take on a senior leadership role during a successful transformation journey. As the most senior Finance leader in the Group and with a direct reporting line to the Executive Board, you will also be involved in strategic and operative decisions.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of financial accounting and financial planning and analysis team (currently 9 staff)
- Financial planning and analysis, esp. budget and quarterly forecasts
- Securing bonding lines and insurances for operational business units, incl. regular communication to respective stakeholders
- Liquidity management, cash planning and financing measures, incl. credit lines, asset-based financing, factoring
- Statutory financial requirements, incl. annual financial statements, tax
- Integration of potential add-on acquisitions
- Reviews with operational business units, challenging the respective managers, identifying and managing risk
- Reporting to and close collaboration with the Private Equity investor
What You Bring With You
- 6+ years of experience from a financial position within an audit firm, a consultancy/Big4 focusing on financial planning and analysis, or in industry with proven career progression
- Knowledge of IFRS and local GAAP (HGB)
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience with project-based businesses / project accounting (ideally, in the construction industry)
- Degree in business or related fields
- Strong drive for commercial results
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluency in German and working level English