Our client is an international plant engineering company. It manufactures components for increasing energy efficiency and reducing emissions in the energy-producing industry. In addition to the company headquarters in North Rhine-Westphalia, it has development centers and production facilities in Italy, Poland, China and India and employs approximately 600 people. Since 2016, our client belongs to a dynamic and fast-growing private equity investment company.
To support the further implementation of the realignment as well as to further professionalize the finance department, we are looking for a VP Finance (m/f/d), ideally with knowledge in project accounting according to HGB and IFRS in the area of capital goods. Duty station is in Dusseldorf, the required travel activity is low. If successful, a career in the investor's environment is likely.
This is an entrepreneurial opportunity for a professional to work in the private equity industry. With direct reporting line to the CFO, you will also be involved in strategic and operative decisions.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Financial analysis and planning (‘Controlling’)
- Secure financial transparency and direct the product cost estimation and pricing strategy for new businesses to enable the strategy for growth in sales and profitability
- Business modelling, forecasting and partnering models and investment controlling
- Drive functional excellence and understanding strategic initiatives, translating them into operational activities and projects, and lead the financial processes within the business area, including analysis of actual results, forecasting, perspective planning, budgeting as well as controlling and management reporting
- Business reviews, challenge the organization on financial results and identify the risks and opportunities with proposing actions at the same time
- Analysis and change management of key business processes
- Close collaboration with the Private Equity investor
What You Bring With You
- 4+ years of experience from a financial position within an audit firm or a consultancy/Big4 focusing on financial planning and analysis
- You hold a Master’s degree in economics, HD-R, or MBA, complimented with relevant leadership education
- Knowledge of accounting systems
- A strong drive for results and deep understanding of the entire value chain and ERP systems
- Ability to build strong communication with operative professionals, diplomacy skills and the ability to guide, influence and convince others with empathy and communicate complex concepts
- Fluent and comprehensive in German and English, as well as possession of a global mindset
- Excellent analytical skills combined with commercial focus