Our client is an independent German private equity fund that invests in SMEs in the DACH region. Founded in Munich, the firm has since successfully launched several funds and currently has more than two billion Euro capital under management.
They follow an active investment approach and have therefore established a dedicated Operations Team that works closely with the investment team and with portfolio companies on implementing key value creation initiatives. As part of the Operations Team, a Digital Operations Team has been formed by a number of digital strategists within the company that serves as strategic guide for company executives to develop and implement measures to unlock value from digitization – this refers to digital strategy creation, process automation and digitization, marketing and sales, digital products and services as well as data and analytics.
Currently, the team is looking for a Vice President Data & Analytics (m/f/d) to further extend its capability.
- Support the portfolio companies in leveraging data & analytics methods, capabilities and tools to drive value creation
- Leverage data to design strategies and new business models
- Develop Data and Business Intelligence strategies
- Support change towards data-driven organization
- Discover business-relevant information and non-obvious correlations out of the available internal and external data to generate competitive advantage
- Grow existing and develop new data analytics solutions for portfolio company needs
- Support due diligence processes to gain outside-in insights that could influence an investment decision
- Shape the internal data strategy and realize value-adding use cases along the investment process (e.g., deal sourcing data hub, develop deal sourcing algorithms)
What You Bring With You
- Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, (Applied) Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or Data Science
- 3-7 years’ experience in value creation through data analytics & -engineering with a strong track record of solving business challenges leveraging data & analytics tools and methods
- Including 2-4 years with focus on data analytics and commercial excellence in a leading consulting firm
- Demonstrated track record in delivering value creation projects with a proven positive impact on P+L based on data analytics
- Outstanding theoretical (and practical) understanding of modern statistical modelling and machine learning techniques and its application to the respective industry
- A pragmatic doer with hands-on mentality and passion for impact
- Programming experience, knowledge in SharePoint, PowerApps and Power BI is a plus, experience in managing D&A implementation teams is important
- Experience with company information databases, due diligence processes and knowledge of PE landscape is a plus
- Fluency in German and English