Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The Group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. The company finds solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our client teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Reinsurance Strategy Department develops & implements strategic solutions for all operational and central Divisions in the Reinsurance Segment.
Besides ongoing review, improvement and implementation of corporate, regional and business unit-specific strategies, the further advancement of overall business model forms part of the activity scope. Additional focus areas are strategic assessment and PMI of M&A activities and restructuring projects as well as strategy communication for various instances.
We are looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d) with proficiency and passion for strategy topics, highly motivated to take on the following challenges.
- Corporate strategy for reinsurance segment: Strategy and business development based on markets analyses, trends and competitors as well as business portfolio and risk appetite
- Organization and restructuring: Redesign of operating models and organizational structures to improve effectiveness as well as to enable new business models
- Project management: Lead strategy and reorganization projects throughout the global reinsurance group
- Strategic planning: Drive divisional strategy development as well as alignment with other relevant central functions
- M&As: Identification of targets, evaluation of strategic fit potential and design of post-merger integration scenarios
- Support for divisions and divisional units: Methodological and functional advice to management of business units; prepare and lead workshops for executive management; initiate initiatives (e.g. new business development)
- Strategy communication: Continuous development of the reinsurance story as well as support of internal and external events (e.g. analyst conferences)
What You Bring With You
- Excellent university degree in science or equivalent
- Min. 4 years expertise in strategy and business development, proven by relevant professional experience in a renowned strategy consultancy
- Expertise in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry with a profound understanding of existing and emerging business models, customer needs, products, pricing, distribution and overarching trends (e.g. digitization of the value chain, capital markets, brokers) would be an asset
- Experience in the management of large and complex projects as well as the facilitation of workshops for top management and the board of management
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- High level of commitment, team spirit and an integrative personality
- Excellent language proficiency in German and English