Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 40,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe.
The Business Technology (BT) unit works closely with business leaders to drive innovation and business transformation, spearheading the digitalization of insurance and reinsurance business activities. It acts as a digital startup inside the global organization.
The Digital Product Owner will work within the Digital Services team in Business Technology, focused on scaling key digital services across the client’s group strengthening the ability to deliver and grow the group as a digital solution provider.
The Product Owner will grow the digital services, working closely with other product owners, project managers and architects of the individual agile development teams. This role will interact with the projects and business units to collect and prioritize requirements for the internal digital service offerings and translate them into an overall product roadmap.
- Establish a product mindset for digital services, understanding the customer or consumer and building strong value propositions
- Scaling services across the group through a strong onboarding pipeline
- Evolving product teams towards a factory approach to delivery, maximizing work effectiveness, quality, cost and consumer satisfaction to maintain effectiveness
- Budget ownership of digital services, driving a profit center – product owner has responsibility for the TCO and ensuring charge back and funding mechanism to cover this
- Establishing long-lived product teams, who are empowered to own and drive the direction of their services
- Owning and growing the relationship with the delivery partner, maintaining high quality delivery and benefiting from provider best practices and skills
- Validation of concepts and go-to-market strategies in an iterative process through prototyping, user testing and analysis of product KPIs
- Research, gather and prioritize requirements and product features for the digital services and translate them into a product roadmap
- Work with the development teams to prioritize and align their development plans with the product roadmap. Build stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes in priorities
- Report progress regarding product development. Monitor dependencies and risks to allow proactive identification and resolution of issues
- Support the scoping of new product features incl. business case creation, tracking and validation
- Coordinate the product life cycle for digital services, i.e. design, implementation, deployment, support etc.
What You Bring With You
- 5-10 years’ professional experience in digital financial services, FinTech or related consulting digital services
- Professional experience in product development/product management in the field of identity and access management products, API management products and API delivery
- Experience in developing and bringing digital products to market including go-to-market strategy development, interaction with customers and business stakeholders
- Project management experience in an agile development environment, ideally combined with skills in relevant project management methodologies
- Strong understanding and desirable background of IT and digital product development process, ranging from non-functional requirements, security/compliance and idea inception through to development and execution of strategic changes
- Experience in managing budgets either through a cost center or profit center
- Demonstrable experience in working with teams in multiple locations and time-zones
- Experience with frameworks for product management and go-to-market strategies
- Agile project management/program management skills
- Strong analytical and strategic skills, as well as user-oriented and entrepreneurial thinking
- Deep understanding of technology trends and their impact on the financial services industry
- Ability to set priorities with an appropriate sense of urgency; applying energy and resources to achieve result and add value
- Ability to present complex situations to peers and stakeholders in a clear and precise way
- Good command of English language