Our client is a public company (10,000+ employees) established almost a century ago and based in Asia. The company manufactures and sells components and related products for cars, motorcycles, marine power and truck engines, along with applicable products. In the Aftermarket these products are supplied to parts’ wholesalers and distributors. The company has a strong and profitable business around the globe.
The company’s product ranges include vehicle electronics, mechatronics, sensors and mechanic components. In many segments it has a dominant position but is now taking on the challenge of the combustion engine/electrical challenges that affect the whole industry. Additionally, the company’s non-automotive business unit produces components, tools and products for the medical and other industries.
For the EMEA region we search a VP Strategy & Business Excellence EMEA.
- Lead regional strategy and planning processes, in line with global corporate strategy processes and in close alignment with the EMEA BU and Operations VP colleagues
- Define relevant areas of action for the EMEA region derived from the corporate strategy (mid-term/long term) and the EMEA business unit strategic directions
- Lead M&A and alliance activities in the region (in close collaboration with the EMEA BU and Operations VP colleagues):
- Support the BUs in the identification of M&A targets and strategic partners
- Lead the M&A activities from business case over due diligence to PMI, steering internal and external resources
Responsibilities Business Excellence
- Lead Project Management Office (PMO), define Project Portfolio in line with the regional strategy, monitor and ensure high quality of project realization throughout the EMEA organization
- Drive Business Excellence activities and transformation projects towards higher organization efficiency and readiness for new business fields
- Lead continuous improvement & process optimization activities
What You Bring With You
- We are looking for a senior professional with strong transactional experience in M&A (investment bank, M&A boutique, private equity), combined with top consulting and corporate experience
- At least 8-12 years of relevant professional experience in M&A and/or private equity and/or top consulting and similar corporate roles
- Proven track record in transaction in Private Equity or corporate environment (B2B)
- Knowledge of negotiating complex international transactions
- Experience in multi-stakeholder management (Investors, Banks, Legal, Operations etc.), strong communicator
- Experience in corporates’ leading teams
- Personality: ‘hands-on’, ‘straight to the point’, ‘no bullshit’, ‘get-things-done’, unpretentious, assertive, ‘bulletproof’, open-minded and decisive
- Experience with applying methods of Business Excellence, such as: results orientation, customer focus, leadership, process management, HR development, continuous learning, innovation etc.
- Experience with M&A value creation principles is helpful
- International experience with European and Asian business partners is very important
- Experience in the automotive industry is not required
- International experience and cultural openness – English is working language; German is not mandatory
- Secure in handling different hierarchy levels and stakeholders