Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The Group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel.
Our client finds solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise the clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of the client teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
Reinsurance development strives to create new profit pools for the Group at a global scale. Based on a broad combination of relevant skills and talent, RID’s projects and tasks focus on future development both at a corporate and a business unit level across Life, Non-Life and PIRI. The Data Analytics department is dedicated to big data and data analytics. They drive and coordinate the Group’s agenda for big data, advanced analytics, machine learning and AI. The goal is to enable new and better business via data-centric solutions and create new strategic options through data & analytics excellence.
The Data Engineering team is responsible for developing AI-based data management solutions and for consulting and supporting other group-wide data analytics solutions with technology and access to data. They collaborate closely with business units, IT departments, and other central divisions across the Group.
- Expanding the AI-based data management platform for customer-oriented solutions and internal use cases
- Advising business units in utilizing data management to grow the client’s core business and explore new business models
- Thinking from a product perspective, developing a roadmap of capabilities according to stakeholders needs, deciding on what to build and what to buy
- Developing scalable, customer-facing and reliable solutions in a cloud-native big data environment
- Working together with data scientists, customers, and external partners on analytical use cases
What You Bring With You
- Master´s degree in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent qualification
- Min. 5 years of project-experience as a data engineer
- In-depth practical experience in modern cloud-based architectures and data processing at scale
- Expert-level coding skills in Python, R, or JAVA. Outstanding command of SQL
- Good understanding of deep learning/machine learning and proven experience in implementing customer-facing deep learning solutions at scale
- Experience in agile software development with scrum or similar solutions. Understanding of ITIL is a plus
- Strong presentation, consulting, and project management skills
- Very high level of commitment, creativity, ability to handle stress, willingness to travel
- Excellent command of English, German knowledge is a plus