Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The Group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel.
Our client finds solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise the clients.
The division Capital Partners seeks new business opportunities in close co-operation with Client Management, Underwriting and the International Organization. The Origination team within Capital Partners identifies and pro-actively generates new business opportunities and looks for a Senior Manager Origination (m/f/d) supporting these objectives.
- Explore, drive and pro-actively generate new business opportunities beyond traditional reinsurance (incl. unconventional ideas, new clients, markets and distribution channels) with a strong focus on corporate finance topics (e.g. capital management, valuation, M&A, …)
- Identify markets and proactively acquire clients for innovative risk transfer mechanisms (tailor made or structured reinsurance solutions both retrospective and prospective, parametric solutions and cat bonds) inclusive of market and client analysis of product impact under tax, regulatory, rating and / or accounting aspects
- High client frequency and client facing activities to ensure a healthy deal pipeline, push prospects and foster closing of transactions
- Prepare and give professional presentations and sales pitches, understand and discuss complex topics (regulatory, rating, tax, accounting etc.) with clients and other business partners and derive potential solutions based on reinsurance, financing and ART (e.g. ILS, derivatives etc.) instruments
- Build up a network in the area of financially motivated innovative risk transfer solutions
- Swift handling, coordinating and working on client and broker requests, in close cooperation with CM, UW, IO, Capital Partners Teams and the specialist departments
- Lead projects and work in cross-functional deal teams in exploring and pursuing solutions with clients, brokers and other external business partners and obtain client feedback
What You Bring With You
- University degree in economics, mathematics, law or an equivalent - preferably with focus in corporate finance, capital markets, risk management
- Min. 10 years’ experience in and profound knowledge of reinsurance, specifically structured reinsurance, ART/ILS, in particular how these instruments impact clients’ capital management, balance sheet, P&L and KPIs
- Fundamental understanding of risk- and capital management principles, main steering parameters of insurance companies as well as accounting, rating, etc.
- Ability to develop and discuss complex topics with clients, depict and explain potential solutions and professionally represent the Group and its value proposition
- Strong client focus and client skills, high level of empathy and strong work ethics like collaboration mindset etc.
- High level of commitment and motivation, can-do attitude, problem solving skills and openness towards innovation and ability to work in teams across the organization
- Multi-year experience in leading and managing projects
- Fluent in English, further language skills are of advantage
- Preparedness to travel frequently