Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel.
Our client finds solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise the clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of the teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
Reinsurance development strives to create new profit pools for the Group at a global scale. Based on a broad combination of relevant skills and talent, RID’s projects and tasks focus on future development both at a corporate and a business unit level across Life, Non-Life and PIRI. The Data Analytics department is dedicated to big data and data analytics. They drive and coordinate the Group’s agenda for big data, advanced analytics, machine learning and AI. The goal is to enable new and better business via data-centric solutions and create new strategic options through data & analytics excellence.
The Central Analytics section enables and supports business & central functions in data analytics, drives strategic initiatives for the data analytics department, and coordinates activities in the global data analytics community such as (further) education and knowledge management. Our client is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable consultant (m/f/d) for the Central Analytics team.
- Managing operational and strategic projects in the area of advanced analytics and machine learning
- Supporting data analyses for central and business units, and consulting internal clients on insurance analytics
- Representing the team and our key topics vis-à-vis internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing strategic communication for the Data Analytics department, incl. presentations, internal and external articles
- Evaluating training and technology needs in data analytics and supporting strategic planning
- Helping further develop the global analytics community by strengthening networks, spreading of knowledge and driving systematic exchange
- Identifying future trends in advanced analytics and machine learning based on academic research and exchange for the purpose of developing suggestions for improvements and new business opportunities
What You Bring With You
- University degree in data science, statistics, stochastics, information technology, or an equivalent area of studies; alternatively, university degree in business administration or economics with a strong focus on data analysis and empirical methods (e.g. econometrics)
- Profound understanding of modern data science, statistical modelling, and machine-learning techniques as well as related technology
- Min. 3 years of professional experience as a consultant in the area of data analytics dealing with different internal and external clients
- Track record of successfully leading time-critical projects; proven ability to deliver results quickly
- Knowledge of analytical programming (SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc.) and visualization/reporting tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Outstanding communication, presentation, consulting, and project management skills; excellent command of English; knowledge of German is a plus
- Very high level of commitment, creativity, willingness to travel, and eagerness to work in an international and highly dynamic environment