Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel.
Our client finds solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise the clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of the teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
strives to create new profit pools for the Group at a global scale. Based on a
broad combination of relevant skills and talent, RID’s projects and tasks focus
on future development both at a corporate and a business unit level across
Life, Non-Life and PIRI. The Data Analytics department is dedicated to big data
and data analytics. They drive and coordinate the Group’s agenda for big data,
advanced analytics, machine learning and AI. The goal is to enable new and
better business via data-centric solutions and create new strategic options
through data & analytics excellence.
The Consultant Data Science (m/f/d) works for the Analytics Solutions Team that is
responsible to develop own and to support other data analytics solutions for the
clients. They collaborate closely with business units, IT departments, and
other central divisions across the Group.
- Grow existing and develop new data analytics solutions for external clients based on customer needs
- Cooperate with business units (incl. consulting or service units) and central units (e.g. IT, ...) to ensure marketing, enrolment and monetarization of existing solutions
- Represent the team and our key topics to internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate existing market solutions for data analytics
- Execute data analytics client projects
What You Bring With You
- University degree in statistics, mathematical stochastics, computer science or an equivalent degree
- Outstanding theoretical (and practical) understanding of modern statistical modelling and machine learning techniques and its application to the insurance industry
- PhD and/or publications in data analytics-related sciences is a plus
- Min. 2-3 years’ experience as analytics consultant/data scientist
- Excellent skills in statistical programming
- Other programming skills (Python, SQL, Julia, ...) are a plus
- Strong presentation, consulting and project management skills
- Excellent command of English, knowledge of German is a plus
- Very high level of commitment, creativity, ability to handle stress, willingness to travel
- Enjoy working without supervision in a dynamic environment