Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel.
Our client finds solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise the clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of the teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Data Science department is dedicated to big data and data analytics. The team coordinates and drives projects related to big data, advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI across the Group. The goal is to enable new and better business via data-centric solutions. The team concentrates partly on setting up and steering/coordinating the analytics community (creating decentralized teams, training, etc.) within the Group, and partly on developing advanced analytical and machine-learning solutions for the clients. They collaborate closely with business units, IT departments, and other central divisions across the Group.
- Managing customer-focused, operational, and strategic projects in the area of advanced analytics and machine learning
- First hand contact to C-levels on client side
- Identifying RI/PI business opportunities and “pain points” that are suited for data-centric solutions
- Representing the team and the key topics vis-à-vis internal and external stakeholders, for example through presentations at customer events
- Preparing and conducting data analyses and evaluations, and developing advanced analytics solutions for the clients
- Advising internal and external clients on advanced insurance analytics as well as conducting training seminars
- Helping set up a Group-wide analytics community
- Identifying future trends in advanced analytics and machine learning, based on academic research and exchange, to develop suggestions for improvements and new business opportunities
- Publishing articles on statistical/analytical developments and their applications within the insurance industry
What You Bring With You
- Min. 3 years of professional experience as a data analytics consultant/ project leader within a management consulting firm and/or data driven industry, dealing with different internal and especially external clients
- Track record of successfully leading time-critical projects; proven ability to deliver results quickly
- University degree in mathematics, statistics, stochastics, information technology, or an equivalent area of studies; doctoral thesis or scientific publications related to advanced analytics and/or machine learning is an advantage
- Outstanding theoretical and practical understanding of modern data science, statistical modeling, and machine-learning techniques
- Certified actuary is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of statistical programming (SAS, R, Python, etc.); other programming skills (SQL, .net, Visual Basic, etc.) are an advantage
- Strong presentation, consulting, and project management skills; excellent command of English; knowledge of German would be a plus
- Very high level of commitment, creativity, willingness to travel (20%), and eagerness to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Excellent presenting skills on C-level