German Private Equity Fund focused on operational Value Creation
The CompanyOur client is an established small-cap German private equity fund/family office with a focus on operational value creation. For various portfolio companies they plan to hire an Operations Manager PE Portfolios (m/f), who will support the CEOs (former operating partners of the PE fund and ex-consultants) in all aspects of the transformation process of the portfolio firms (sales, process & production optimization, internal processes, etc.). After ca. 2-3 years of experience as wing-man of the CEO in the portfolio firms, the candidate should be prepared to participate in the search process and subsequently take on a CEO role in a newly acquired small-cap portfolio firm and will be co-owner with a substantial stake.
- Cross-functional operational transformation projects in a small-cap, hands-on environment with limited management resources, e.g.
- Sales process optimization
- Top-Line & Cost optimization
- Various other Transformation optimizations
- IT/process improvements (e.g. implementation of a new ERP system)
- Digitization strategies and implementation, etc. pp.
- General Management tasks Mid-term career perspectives to become a CEO of a future portfolio company with shares
What You Bring With You
- 4-7 years of professional experience, from top-notch strategy or operational consulting firm. Additional experience from a corporate management position could be helpful, but is not a must
- Functional focus on general marketing & sales, operation, transformation
- Operational performance improvement experience required within various sector
- Profound management- and leadership skills in difficult situations requiring change: good combination of soft skills (motivating people in a consensual company culture) and clear target focus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion – high drive to become a future CEO and shareholder
- Absolute flexibility, willingness to travel (you will have to work on-site at the portfolio companies for 4-5 days/week over a longer period)
- Ideally mid-market (German ‘Mittelstand’) exposure or at least ‘mind-set’
- Hands-on, ‘get-things-done’ type of person who likes to work in small-cap environments
- Excellent German (native speaker) & English language skills