Our customer is a globally active, publicly listed company with headquarters in the DACH region and >2 billion EUR revenue. The company is a leader in technology and engineering, turning wood into fibers used in textile and hygiene applications while impacting the industry value chain.
Our client is more than just a leading manufacturer, sustainability is in their DNA and externally confirmed by several reputable awards in this area.
To optimize foundations for further growth, our client is looking for an experienced Strategy Manager (m/f/d), ideally at (senior) Project Manager level with ties in the chemicals or process industry. You enjoy working on corporate, business and technology strategy topics. Sustainability is a passion for you, not just a “nice-to-have”.
You bring several years of experience in an in-house or management consulting role where you brought your practice to include state-of-the-art strategy frameworks and your tools to perfection. Your people-oriented approach, an analytical eye and the talent to manage cross-cultural teams around the globe is your recipe for success. You are known to deliver projects and analyses that matter.
- Close cooperation with the Executive Board in corporate strategy
- Manage strategy projects from start to finish by involving all relevant stakeholders
- Participate in strategic and financial planning of the company
- Lead diverse project teams and collaborate with internal / external departments
- Develop business cases, prepare analyses and financial models for decision-making with an eye on the environment, as well as on the bottom line
- Prepare documentation, analyses, as well as presentations for (Supervisory) Board meetings
- Contribute to due diligence of potential acquisition targets
- Support other M&A – or market intelligence related tasks
What You Bring With You
- Technical degree in Science / Engineering with a strong commercial sense or alternatively Economics / Finance Degree and / or international MBA
- Deep knowledge in strategy development and project management
- Hands-on experience in Management Consulting industry, managing diverse, international, cross-functional teams
- Knowledge and experience in Market Intelligence is a plus, occasional travel expected
- Confident presentation and convincing communication skills, collaborative work style
- Very good English, fluent German is a must
- Responsible, strong sense ownership and autonomous, down-to-earth working style