Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel.
Data & Analytics is a division which coordinates and drives data, analytics and AI projects across the Group. The ambition is to drive digital transformation and create new business and strategic options for the Group and the clients enabled by data, people and technology.
The Central Analytics department drives strategic initiatives in Data & Analytics, enables and supports business & central functions in data analytics, coordinates activities in the global data analytics community and explores new business models and opportunities.
Our client offers you the possibility of applying AI and Quantum methods to the insurance space within a highly motivated team of experts. As a global reinsurance leader, our client provides an extremely diverse and exciting set of business challenges for you to work on as well as unparalleled development opportunities in a fast-developing field.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable Artificial Intelligence & Quantum Computing Expert (m/f/d) for the Central Analytics team to support in the development of new AI and Quantum opportunities and who proactively promotes these topics and consults internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead operational and strategic projects that enable business units to generate more and better business (quantitative and qualitative aspects) using AI and QC
- Consulting internal clients in analytical questions and conducting own analyses while linking technological and business perspective
- Identify and assess the potential of AI and QC innovations and technologies that could offer potential competitive advantages in the insurance space
- Preparing strategic communication for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and drive a holistic approach for AI and QC and promote it within the Group and the insurance industry
- Network with existing business units and relevant partners in the AI and QC ecosystem and cooperate closely with Group’s global innovation unit to realize new business opportunities
What You Bring With You
- University degree (Master and above) in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Data Science) with a solid understanding of AI and QC
- Experience as Consultant or already as Project Manager in AI and/or QC with a track record of successfully leading complex, time-critical projects
- Outgoing personality who likes to inspire people for new opportunities and engage with different communities
- Very good theoretical and practical understanding of novel ML and AI techniques as well as of novel QC techniques including their potential and limitation
- Willingness and ability to understand heterogeneous business contexts, re- or primary insurance experience, esp. UW and actuarial knowledge, is a plus
- Hands-on programming skills and experience (esp. Python, R, Java, C, C++)
- Experience with solutions architecture and cloud technologies (Azure, AWS) is a plus
- Very high level of commitment, eagerness to work in an international, interdisciplinary and highly dynamic environment, pronounced service focus and ability to work in a team
- High level of accountability, capability to deal with uncertainty and execute in an ambiguous environment
- Very good command of English and willingness to travel, good command of German is a plus