Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe.
One of the global business units is active in developing non-traditional reinsurance solutions involving the transfer of market risk; the development and production of savings, retirement, and investment products; the transfer and transformation of extreme risks; and development of new or alternative asset classes. They execute non-traditional business targeting various corporate finance and general risk management needs of clients, particularly in the life insurance industry but also beyond. In addition, they drive digitalization of the life insurance industry by supporting the clients to digitally enable their product offering. The Global Head of this team manages the global business unit with 150+ team members in 10+ countries.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant / Chief of Staff (m/f/d) to take an active role in driving the development of the business unit. You will work closely with the Global Head and the division’s entire senior team on strategy development, business development, key transactions, and managerial tasks. This is an intellectually challenging and rewarding role involving aspects of management, consulting, and deal execution. The role is based in Munich.
- Analyzing the business unit’s products, markets, clients, and operating model
- Driving strategy and corporate development jointly with senior management
- Exploring and driving strategically relevant themes and their implementation, including new business models such as digital platforms and real assets
- Supporting deal teams in key client engagements in a targeted manner
- Coordinating and driving Group Board of Management and internal committee engagements, including stakeholder management
- Providing support in management matters such as HR/recruiting, performance management, internal and external communication, and management team offsites
- Participating in projects and driving ad-hoc tasks
What You Bring With You
- University degree, ideally in mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering, economics, business, or related sciences
- 3-6 years’ experience, especially in financial services/investment banking or consulting with financial service focus
- Familiarity with (quantitative) finance, financial markets, and investment banking advantageous
- Analytical thinking and structured decision-making in ambiguous environments
- Flexible working style, ability to adapt to changing priorities, and juggle multiple tasks at once
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and persistency
- Team player with ability to integrate into an international and multi-cultural team
- Business fluency in English, additional languages would be advantageous (particularly German)