Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The Group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. The company finds solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our client teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Global Strategy Department within the division Strategy & Innovation drives strategy development and implementation for the Reinsurance Segment and the Group.
The focus is on corporate, regional and business unit-specific strategies as well as the advancement of overall business model. In addition, the department is responsible for the strategic assessment and post-merger integration of M&A opportunities as well as strategy communication.
We are looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d) with proficiency and passion for strategy topics, highly motivated to take on the described challenges.
- Corporate Strategy for Reinsurance Segment (incl. Global Specialty): Driving strategy and business development based on markets’ analyses, trends and competitors as well as business portfolio and risk appetite
- Corporate Strategy for the Group: Driving strategy development at Group level and participating in the development of the Group’s business field portfolios (incl. new business fields, deal pipeline of potential M&A targets, etc.)
- Operating Model: Redesigning of operating models and organizational structures to improve effectiveness as well as to enable new business models
- Project Management: Leading strategy and reorganization projects
- Strategic Planning: Defining strategic guidelines and ambition for the business fields and driving divisional strategy development as well as alignment with other relevant central functions
- M&As: Leading and supporting the identification and prioritization of M&A targets, the evaluation of strategic fit potential and the design of post-merger integration scenarios
- Supporting divisions and divisional units: Providing methodological and functional advice to management of business units; preparing and leading workshops for executive management; initiate initiatives (e.g. new business development)
- Strategy communication: Continuous development of the reinsurance story as well as supporting internal and external events (e.g. analyst conferences)
What You Bring With You
- Excellent university degree in science or equivalent
- Min. 3 years’ expertise in strategy and business development, proven by relevant professional experience in a renowned strategy consultancy
- Experience in management of large and complex projects as well as facilitation of workshops for top management and the Board of Management
- As an asset: Expertise in the financial services or tech industry with a profound understanding of existing and emerging business models, customer needs, products, pricing, distribution and overarching trends (e.g. digitization of the value chain, capital markets, brokers)
- Highly developed soft skills, especially strong communication and intercultural skills with a pronounced ability for knowledge transfer
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent language proficiency in English
- High level of commitment, team spirit and an integrative personality