Our client is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. The group is working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel.
Data & Analytics is a division which coordinates and drives data, analytics and AI projects across the Group. The ambition is to drive digital transformation and create new business and strategic options for the Group and the clients enabled by data, people and technology.
The Central Analytics department drives strategic initiatives in Data & Analytics, enables and supports business & central functions in data analytics, coordinates activities in the global data analytics community and explores new business models and opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable Consultant (m/f/d) for the client’s Central Analytics team to support the company in coordinating and executing these activities.
- Managing operational and strategic projects in the area of advanced analytics and machine learning
- Consulting internal clients (central and business units) in insurance analytics and conducting own analyses
- Representing the team and the key topics vis-à-vis internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing strategic communication for the data analytics department incl. presentations, internal and external articles
- Evaluating training and technology needs in data analytics and supporting strategic planning
- Further developing the global data analytics community by extending networks, spreading of knowledge and driving systematic exchange
- Identifying future trends in advanced analytics and machine learning to develop suggestions for improvements and identify new business opportunities
What You Bring With You
- University degree in data science, statistics, stochastics, information technology, or an equivalent area of studies; alternatively, university degree in business administration or economics with a strong focus on data analysis and empirical methods (e.g. econometrics)
- Min. 2 years’ experience as a consultant in the area of data analytics dealing with different internal and external clients
- Insurance/actuarial experience is a plus, e.g. in Underwriting
- Profound understanding of modern data science, statistical modelling, and machine-learning techniques as well as related technology
- Track record of successfully leading time-critical projects; proven ability to deliver results quickly
- Knowledge of analytical programming (SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc.) and visualization/reporting tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Outstanding communication, presentation, consulting, and project management skills
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of German is a plus
- Very high level of commitment, creativity, willingness to travel, and eagerness to work in an international and highly dynamic environment