Our client is an established small-cap German private equity fund/family office with a focus on operational value creation. For one specific portfolio company they plan to hire a Portfolio Manager (m/f/d) who will support the CEO (a former operating partner of the PE fund and ex-consultant) in all aspects of the transformation process of the portfolio firm (sales, process & production optimization, internal processes, etc.). After ca. 1-2 years of experience as wing-man of the CEO in the above portfolio firm, the candidate should be prepared to participate in the search process and subsequently take on a CEO role in a newly acquired small-cap portfolio firm and will be co-owner with a substantial stake.
The specific portfolio company in this case is an eCommerce company that has been acquired recently and a new CEO succeeds the founder of the company.
- You will lead projects to optimize the company’s processes and increase the future growth
- Takeover interim management roles in the company in different functions
- Mid-term career perspectives: to become a CEO of a future portfolio company with shares
What You Bring With You
- 4-7 years of professional experience, from top-notch strategy or operational consulting firm. Additional experience from a role in an eCommerce company could be helpful, but is not a must
- Functional focus on general marketing & sales, transformation
- In-depth know-how in eCommerce
- Profound management- and leadership skills in difficult situations requiring change: good combination of soft skills (motivating people in a consensual company culture) and clear target focus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion – high drive to become a future CEO and shareholder
- Absolute flexibility, willingness to travel (you will have to work on-site at the portfolio companies for 3-4 days/week over a longer period)
- Ideally mid-market (German ‘Mittelstand’) exposure or at least ‘mind-set’
- Hands-on, ‘get-things-done’ type of person who likes to work in small-cap environments
- Excellent German (native speaker) & English language skills